Get to know vo
Finding the right therapist is a lot like dating – it's important to find someone that you “vibe" with. I want to share with you that therapy doesn't have to be a mystical process. Therapy is a tool that is designed to help you navigate the murky waters, feel connected to all of your emotions, and help challenge behaviors that may have once served you and no longer do. Together, we will work on prioritizing areas of personal growth, address barriers that get in your way, and build a grounded dialogue. During our time together, I strive to work in a disarming, compassionate way while simultaneously being unafraid to challenge you when needed. I will ask for your feedback regarding our sessions in order to ensure that you are gaining the skills you are looking for during therapy as opposed to coming to sessions endlessly being uncertain of what exactly you are working towards.
Get out of your head and into your body.
Come learn about your resiliency using the Trauma Resiliency Model®
You might not know it yet, but you have something called a resiliency zone. When we are in this zone, we are the best version of ourselves in mind, body, & spirit. We are able to be sad without being overwhelmed by grief, or angry without feeling enraged. We are able to walk away from conflict having established our boundaries and not feeling guilty or shameful about our own behavior. When we are in our resilient zone, we are most likely to engage with others in a way that “keeps our side of the street clean.” Learn about your high zone and low zone, how you might sometimes bounce back and forth between the two, and how TRM skills can widen your resiliency zone to improve your communication, efficiency, and overall health.
Education and experience
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (California – LPCC #2647)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Arizona – LPC #15499)
- Certified Trauma Resiliency Model® Practitioner
- National Anger Management Association Certified Anger Management Specialist-II
- CBT – I: Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia
- Completion of Maternal Mental Health Professional Training
- Masters degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from the University of Arizona – 2011
- Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice from Regis University – 2006
Please leave your name and a brief description of what brings you to therapy – I will contact you shortly and we can discuss details from there!