FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DO YOU TAKE INSURANCE?
I am an in-network Cigna provider; however, my insurance spots are full at this time. Please contact me if you'd like to be added to the waitlist.
I am not in-network with any other insurance plans at this time. I can provide a superbill which clients can provide to their insurance companies for partial reimbursement if they have out-of-network benefits.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE OUT-OF-NETWORK BENEFITS?
You will need to contact your insurance company, here are some helpful examples of questions you might ask:
- What are my mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? Has it been met or how close is it to being met?
- Is there a limit to the amount of covered mental health sessions?
- What is the reimbursement rate for an out-of-network mental health provider?
- How do I submit a claim for reimbursement with an out-of-network provider?
- Does my plan cover telehealth services? (if doing online therapy)
DO YOU OFFER SLIDING SCALE RATES?
I occasionally have room in my practice to offer sliding scale rates. When I do not, I always provide appropriate referrals to ensure you can find the help you need.
WHAT IS YOUR FEE?
My fee for individual therapy is $210/session. For your convenience, you can provide a debit/credit card through a HIPAA-compliant online portal that will be automatically billed at the end of a session. Fees are due at the time of service.
DO YOU PROVIDE TELEHEALTH SERVICES?
I do! Many clients prefer to meet online through a HIPAA-compliant online video platform from the comfort of their own home.
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND AN IN-NETWORK THERAPIST?
While there are varying opinions on the subject, I will tell you what I have learned about this issue is that most therapists simply do not want to work with insurance companies. Here are a few (hopefully helpful) bullet points about the typical reasons why. When using an in-network insurance policy:
- there is less confidentiality – your insurance company may audit your psychotherapy notes as they wish
- a diagnosis is required – your insurance company dictates your treatment
- insurance companies pay providers approximately 25% of the Los Angeles market rate
Please leave your name and a brief description of what brings you to therapy – I will contact you shortly and we can discuss details from there!